everything about seo/sem, social media, ROI, netnography, gamification, online market research and construction and design of strategic information for organizations.
About a month ago, Mike Tinney, the former president of the online game company CCP Games (the maker of EVE Online), announced that he was working with a mobile platform-based activity game—UtiliFit, which is designed to boost players’ daily activity levels and give them a fun and easy approach to cooperate and compete with friends or strangers around the world while achieving the 150 minute per week minimum of exercise. The game is in a closed beta test and will start an open beta in January 2013. The game is part of a trend toward gamification, which is quite popular nowadays.
Then what is gamification anyway?
· 69 percent of all heads of household play computer and video games
· 97 percent of youth play computer and video games
· 40 percent of all gamers are women
· One and four gamers are over 50 years old
· The average game player is 35 years old, has been playing games for 12 + years
· Gamers don’t plan on quitting their playing anytime soon